Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fixed, and ready for another riding season!







She's fixed and ready for another riding season!


I picked up the "Beemer" this morning from Country Rode Motowerks, in Fairport, New York, after nearly a month worth of repairs for damage caused when the garage roof caved in on it. Toby, one of the technicians at Country Rode, showed me the parts that had to be replaced and I was shocked at the damage caused that was not visible. Under the faring of the bike, is a support structure, somewhat like a cage, that supports the faring and other attached parts. Well, when the roof caved in, it bent the handle bars as well as the support structure for the faring, over and above the plastic parts that obviously cracked. The only other thing that shocked me was the bill for




TWO TIRES! ...$600.00.




I still have a few issues to iron out, like some scratches to the paint as well as a couple of tears to the "Corbin" leather seat, but it will all be taken care of in time. Thanks to all the guys at Country Rode Motowerks for all their hard work!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA