Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update From Oshkosh

Well, the start of the trip was delayed by one day due to the deluge last Thursday, but I got away early on Friday and headed up to Toronto and made it all the way to Sault Sainte Marie the first day. I crossed back into the USA late Friday evening and found a motel since it was raining quite steady. The ride up 'til then had been very nice. The weather all up thru Canada was sunny most of the time. I arrived at Oshkosh at 3:oopm on Saturday and got registered for AirVenture and then went and picked out my camping site. As you see from the picture, I am updating this blog from inside the camper trailer, thanks to the people at EAA for providing the FREE WiFi in all of the campground. That's a BIG area! But it works very well.
Things in the display area of AirVenture are proceeding at a feverish pace. All the vendors are working hard to get their displays up before the opening bell in the morning.
I understand that Harrison Ford and John Travolta will be here this year as masters of ceremonies at "Theatre In The Woods". Both Harrison Ford and John Travolta are very experienced pilots. I hope Captain Travolta flies in on his Boeing 707!
More later.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA