Saturday, July 25, 2009

First AirVenture Update

The trip to Oshkosh was a long one. Before leaving home, I studied various routes to get me around Chicago and all the road construction that goes along with that city. So, I chose to take route 294 North, just to the west of Chicago. Boy was that a mistake! There was more construction going on in that area than there had ever been in the City itself. The tie-ups were horrendous and there was no getting around them. After about twelve hours of riding, I’d had enough and found a motel. The weather was closing in on me and I was ready to stop for a while.

This morning, refreshed and re-invigorated, I rode the last hour to Oshkosh. After checking in at the main gate, and getting all my passes and what have you, for the week, I went to find my usual spot in the campground. As you can see from the picture above, I’m all set for the week, and just waiting for the gates to open on Monday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA