Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back From North Carolina

On the Blue Ridge Parkway

Memorial to the victims of Flight 93 that was downed on 9/11

My new pickup, that I happened to find just by chance on the way back from N.C.

Just back from a quick trip to Chapel Hill, North Carolina. This trip was not a pleasure trip, but a trip to see my Mother who is in ill health. On the way back to New York I decided to stay off the Interstate and take only back roads to NY. While following my GPS, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It had been a few years since I had been on the Parkway and it was a very nice ride on a day with perfect weather. Continuing northward, I stopped in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at the memorial to the Flight 93 victims of the plane that was downed on 9-11. Continuing on, I passed through the town of Bedford, PA and spotted something I've been looking for, for quite some time now…a Ford F-250 Super Duty 4X4 pickup truck on the lot at Bedford Ford. Now, I have to return to Bedford, PA this coming Thursday to take position of said pickup truck. Hopefully it will be a nice day to ride back to Bedford, PA.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA