Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chile's Southern Ice Fields



At the invitation of my friend Guillermo, from Chile, I have accepted an invitation to join him and a group of his friends on a ride to the southern ice fields of Chile. This is an area of fjords, lakes and glaciers in some of the most remote reaches of southern Chile. Some of the most impressive scenery in the world can be found there.

I will arrive in Chile on January 4th, and the trip south will begin January 20th and last until the 31st. The days before we head south will be busy ones, as I will have to renew the registration of my motorcycle as well as have it inspected this year. I also want to put “Crash Bars” on the bike to avoid repeating the damage to the engine that occurred last year in the Atacama Desert. I also have to repair the right side luggage box that was damaged in last year’s incident. I have all the necessary repair parts that I will be taking to Chile with me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA