Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Americade






Sharon and I left for the Adirondacks and Americade in Lake George on Thursday morning. The ride was great, as the weather cooperated all the way. On Thursday night though, the weather got even with us, as it rained, cancel that, POURED all night long until 11:00 in the morning on Friday. Friday was overcast, but at least it didn't rain and we spent much of the day visiting the many vendor displays at the two locations.

One of the vendors that I wanted to talk to was Garmin. I recently had a problem with the Garmin Zuno 550 GPS that I bought THREE YEARS AGO. One of the buttons on the unit has come out and I've had to put it back in with Silicone to keep from loosing it. Well, the short story is, I spoke with the Garmin representative and explained my dilemma, and he quickly gave me his business card and told me to email him and he would see to it that I received a NEW Zumo 550! Now that's what I call customer service! I wish they would have done that when I had the problem with the brand new Zumo cradle, in South America, but that's ancient history. Way to go Garmin! Thank you.

Back to the trip. Late Friday afternoon, we went for a ride and wound up in the quaint town of Poultney, Vermont for dinner. A local gentleman directed us to a local eatery called Perry's for a good meal. After a nice meal we headed back to the campsite which was near Schroon Lake, NY about twenty minutes north of Lake George.

The following day, Saturday, dawned bright and sunny so we planned to take a ride to the new Adirondack Nature Museum in Tupper Lake and then find a motel. The Nature Museum was worth seeing once, but it did have some very nice large fish displays and the location of the museum was very nice. After the museum we headed to Long Lake and found a motel. The Black Flies where still out in that area and Sharon got eaten alive. Me, not one bite!

Sunday was another great day for riding which made the trip home very enjoyable.
You can see more pictures here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA