Friday, April 3, 2009

On The Trail Of Butch And Sundance

The Wild Bunch Hideout in Argentina
The Wild Bunch
Since spring is just around the corner, I'm starting to think about future bike rides. One of the future rides I'm considering (for next year) is a ride to follow Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid to their hideout in Argentina. I hinted at this possibility when I planned this past years ride in Chile and Argentina, but while in Argentina, I questioned people in the town of San Carlos De Bariloche about the ledgend of the two gringo outlaws and, although they had heard of the ledgend, nobody could give me any specific information. Well, now I have some. I have found a location for the "Wild Bunch's Ranch" in Argentina. Actually, three very rustic buildings in the Patagonia of Argentina just as they where in 1905. It's on the eastern edge of the Andes Mountains near a large lake south of the famous Route 40 near the town of Cholita, Argentina. This will be the theme for next years adventure in South America. Now starts the investigation.

1 comment:

AD said...

Hi Bob, good luck on the trail of Butch and Sundance. I believe that area of Argentina was colonised by the 'Welsh' - that's where my fellow countrymen went when the Irish were heading to the US.
regards
Alun
www.adventurebikerider.com

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA