Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Helmet For The R1200GS In Chile

Nolan N-103 N-Com
Nolan Modular Helmet

Internal Sun Visor like the helmet of a Fighter Pilot. Very cool feature!
Wired for sound with custom built in speakers
Just plug the iPod into the built in
inputs, and your good to go! After riding thru five days of constant 50-60 mile per hour winds in Argentina, this past January and February, wind that was constantly trying to remove my helmet with my head still in it, I decided I needed a better fitting helmet. Since I have been so satisfied with the two Nolan N-103 N-Com helmets that I bought here in the States for my K1200LT, I decided to order a Nolan for the R1200GS in Chile. Nolan has made some nice improvements since I bought the first two helmets a few years ago. Two of the best improvements are, the built in sun visor that can be operated by a slide lever on the side of the helmet. The other is the integration of the plugs for the sound system. The female plugs are now built into the side of the helmet, and not a wire hanging down, as they were before. The helmet fits snugly and is very comfortable. Another feature found only on the Nolan helmet, is the seat belt type chin strap. It operates much like a seat belt buckle found in a car or airplane. It's visible in the bottom picture above. Very easy to get on and off! For more info on Nolan helmets, go to: http://www.nolanhelmets.com/

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA