Friday, June 26, 2009

Kent, NY to Lock Haven, PA

The rain Gods were against me today! I left the house this morning at 10:30 and I didn't get twenty minutes away before the rain started. I pulled into the gas station in Elba, NY and waited for the rain to pass, then continued on. As I got south of Batavia on route 63, the sky got uglier and uglier, until again drops started to fall, so I turned around and returned home. By 4:00pm in the afternoon, the skies where sunny and warm, so I dicided to take off again. This time, by the time I reached the area near of Mt. Morris on Route 390 south, I had to put on my rain suit as I would ride in and out of rain showers for the next three hours. Nearing the Pennsylvania border, I rode out of the band of rain that was traveling west to east, and the sky became sunny again.
The ride thru Pensylvania was very nice, especially an area on PA. Route 284. Turning off of Route 15 south onto Route 284 near Buttonwood, PA, the road tuns into a narrow two lane road that winds thru the valley and along side a small stream. The road is a joy to ride since it winds thru a forested hilly area. Great fun on a bike! Four hours after leaving home, I arrived in Lock Haven.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA