Monday, July 26, 2010

Elkhart To Oshkosh

As far as the eye can see!

Yes...that is TP!


I left Elkhart, Indiana this morning, well before sun up and made my way to Chicago. I know I swore I would never go through Chicago again, but what can I say? Never say never, I guess. Since it was Sunday morning, getting thru Chicago wasn’t too bad.
As I arrived at the Oshkosh airport, I passed a line of hundreds of campers and motor homes parked on the side of the road. The line was at least a mile long without any exaggeration. Seems that due to all the rain recently, the campground had been closed last night and all those campers were waiting to get in and register at the campground. It looked to me that it would take an entire day to register that many people. Well, since I was already at the main entrance, I stayed there and talked to some of the people that were also waiting. After about an hour and a half wait, the entrance was opened and it was every man for himself. Long story short….I was number four in line 

P.S. The WiFi that ran throughout the campground last year has been removed, so there are only a couple of places to connect to WiFi in the campground. Thus, I will update as often as I can.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA