Saturday, July 24, 2010

Made It To Indiana

Left the house a little later than I had planned because the weather had conspired against me and formed a "Perfect Storm" over the entire route I had planned. I had planned to go through Canada to Michigan, then north to the Mackinac Bridge and on to the upper peninsula of Michigan. I would then head east and south to Green Bay, Wisconsin and then on to Oshkosh. That was the plan, but as we all know, plans change. Looking at the weather radar this morning, it looked as if I could take Route 90 west to Rout 80 and stay just under all the bad weather to the north. This did indeed work out very well. I only encountered a few drops of rain the entire day. It was actually very hot and sunny most of the day.
I decided to quit for the day when I reached Elkhart, Indiana. Now the problem is that a gentleman at the hotel told me that Chicago has been hit by severe flooding today, shutting down some of the area Interstates. Great!! Just what I need. As if driving through Chicago isn't a big enough pain in the butt. I had said I would not drive through Chicago again, but it looks like I will be going through it once more.
Oh well, I will be in Oshkosh tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope your trip over the bridge was better than mine. I drove a 3,500 mile trip this summer and that bridge was the worst part... I started storming half way across, it was surreal and horrific. Cool trip, your ambition makes me want to get out, ride more and write on!

About Me

My photo
United States
Born in Santiago, Chile and living in western New York, USA